On this special bonus COVID-19 update, Nurse Keith provides information on the coronavirus pandemic as of the last week of September 2020. He also shares personal reactions regarding the United States’ overall poor marks in terms of pandemic response; total U.S. and global deaths; CDC backtracking; air travel; the ongoing N95 shortage; and much more.
Resources mentioned in the course of this episode:
- American Nurses Association (ANA) N95 survey
- USA Today article on airline travel safety
- NPR episode on food insecurity during the pandemic
- CNN report on 21 states surging in cases
- Article in the journal Nature on hubris in nations’ response to COVID-19
- NY Times article on reaching 1 million deaths worldwide
- Global Citizen index of countries with best pandemic response
The Nurse Keith Show is a proud member of The Health Podcast Network, one of the largest and fastest-growing collections of authoritative, high-quality podcasts taking on the tough topics in health and care with empathy, expertise, and a commitment to excellence.
I’m very privileged and grateful to announce that The Nurse Keith Show is a proud member of Ars Longa Media, a collaborative network of podcasts, media entities, musical artists, and others with an aim to add a humanistic touch to professional education, educate the public from a scientifically informed perspective, and improve lives by strategically partnering with those who share our goals to address social ills.