On this special episode of The Nurse Keith Show (one of many to come), Keith discusses new emerging diagnostic criteria for COVID-19; why airports are still open when only 10 people are supposed to gather at any given time; the potential for mutation of the coronavirus; and other thoughts and reflections on this vicious pandemic.
- Up to 10% of patients with COVID-19 will not present with a fever at first
- Up to 30-40% will not present with a cough at first
- Instead, they will present with diarrhea and abdominal pain
- MedPageToday,com with some information
- President Trump changed his stance and tone almost overnight, apparently due to British computer model shared with White House over the weekend of March 14th; study stated more than 2 million Americans would die without a more robust and urgent response
- Why are airports open and thousands of people crowded together when this highly transmissible virus is spreading like wildfire and we’re only supposed to gather in groups of no more than 10?
- Mutations are possible in an RNA virus
- No absolutely iron-clad data at this time but infectious disease professionals will be watching this
DISCLAIMER: All information in these episodes about COVID-19 uses the most up-to-date information we can access, as well as some personal opinions and reactions. Please note that the situation is changing by the moment, and any information shared in any episode may not apply once that data has been updated. Please also note that nothing shared in the course of any Nurse Keith Coaching COVID-19 podcast is intended for diagnosis or treatment; please consult your healthcare provider or your local Department of Health.
If you hear or read something I have shared that appears to be erroneous, if you can, please leave an evidence-based comment or email me directly at email@example.com. Thank you for understanding, stay safe, and keep informed.