On this special bonus COVID-19 update, Nurse Keith discusses the state of the vaccination rollout in the United States; the inequities between rich and poor countries when it comes to vaccine access; case counts; and other pandemic news from around the world at the end of March, 2021.
Resources referenced during, or used for, this episode:
- Who Can Get the Vaccine in Your State? (NY Times)
- Should US share its COVID-19 vaccine supply with the world? The White House says it will – but not yet (USA Today)
- Democracies Keep Vaccines for Themselves (The Atlantic)
- Vaccine Nationalism Is Doomed to Fail (The Atlantic)
- Cases in Florida, a national Covid bellwether, are rising — especially among younger people (NY Times)
- Florida Coronavirus Map and Case Count (NY Times)
- Variant Proportions in the U.S.(CDC)
- Michigan Coronavirus Map and Case Count (NY Times)
- California Coronavirus Map and Case Count (NY Times)
- Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count (NY Times)
- See How the Vaccine Rollout Is Going in Your County and State (NY Times)
The Nurse Keith Show is a proud member of The Health Podcast Network, one of the largest and fastest-growing collections of authoritative, high-quality podcasts taking on the tough topics in health and care with empathy, expertise, and a commitment to excellence.
I’m very privileged and grateful to announce that The Nurse Keith Show is a proud member of Ars Longa Media, a collaborative network of podcasts, media entities, musical artists, and others with an aim to add a humanistic touch to professional education, educate the public from a scientifically informed perspective, and improve lives by strategically partnering with those who share our goals to address social ills.