On episode 157 of The Nurse Keith Show, we discuss the concept of social proof, reputation management, and building your career and your professional tribe over time.
On this episode, we talk about what social proof means (hint: 300 million Elvis fans can’t be wrong). We also discuss why social proof and reputation management are crucial for your nursing career.
Forms of social proof include:
- LinkedIn endorsements and recommendations — listen to the episode for the details!
- Facebook (kind of)
- Other social media platforms where nursing and healthcare professionals hang out
How to do it?
- Stay in touch with people
- Collaborate on recommendations with friends and colleagues you’re connected with on LinkedIn, etc
- Make connections and nurture connections!
- Building bridges, not burning bridges
- Working collaboratively with other professionals
- Not being 100% nursing-focused
- Being helpful, collaborative, eager, motivated, always showing up
- Volunteer, get involved
Leverage high-quality relationships over time
- Dress up, show up, and follow up
Listen to the rest of the episode for many more ideas about nursing career reputation management and social proof!
Please consider becoming a patron of The Nurse Keith Show by pledging monthly support at my page on Patreon and earn some pretty cool premiums, gifts, and benefits! Check it out, and thanks for your support!
The Nurse Keith Show is adroitly edited and produced by Tim Hallowell of The PodcastingGroup.com, and social media and promotion are expertly handled by Mark Capispisan.
It really helps more people find the show when you leave a rating and review of The Nurse Keith Show over on iTunes, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen and download your favorite podcasts.
In case you didn’t already know, Nurse Keith is a holistic career coach for nurses, award-winning nurse blogger, writer, podcaster, keynote and motivational speaker, and popular career columnist. With two decades of nursing experience, Keith deeply understands the issues faced by 21st-century nurses.
From 2012 until its sunset in 2017, Keith co-hosted RNFMRadio, a groundbreaking nursing podcast.
As of May of 2018, Keith is the host of Mastering Nursing, an interview-style podcast showcasing inspiring, forward-thinking nurse thought leaders and innovators.
Keith’s message of savvy career management and professional satisfaction reaches tens of thousands of nurses worldwide. Keith can be found on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram—as well as at NurseKeith.com.