Nurses Week conjures many ideas for me, but not handing out water bottles and stethoscope covers. Rather, I have a Nurses Week wish list for you, and this episode dives deep into what I want for you in terms of your professional fulfillment and personal happiness.
My Nurses Week Wish List for You
Optimal wellness and self-care
- Emotional well-being
- Solid physical health
- Optimal nutrition and hydration
- Adequate sleep
Personal agency and empowerment
- A sense of your own voice
- The knowledge of your ability to affect change in the world
- The knowledge that you matter
- The courage to speak up when it matters most
Positive and healthy workplace environments
- No bullying or incivility
- Time to eat, drink, rest, and care for yourself
- Kind and supportive colleagues
- Good working conditions (nurse-patient ratios, etc)
- Caring, forward thinking employers
Opportunities for professional growth
- Organizations and associations
- Chances to grow in your area of focus and interest
- Powerful mentors and energizing mentees
- Education, both formal and informal
- The right amount of challenge
- Spiritual fulfillment (whatever that looks like for you)
- Emotional wellness
- Healthy, growthful relationships
- Deepening self-knowledge
- A life of substance beyond work
Please consider becoming a patron of The Nurse Keith Show by pledging monthly support at my page on Patreon and earn some pretty cool premiums, gifts, and benefits! Check it out, and thanks for your support!
The Nurse Keith Show is adroitly edited and produced by Tim Hallowell of The PodcastingGroup.com, and social media and promotion are expertly handled by Mark Capispisan.
It really helps more people find the show when you leave a rating and review of The Nurse Keith Show over on iTunes, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen and download your favorite podcasts.
In case you didn’t already know, Nurse Keith is a holistic career coach for nurses, award-winning nurse blogger, writer, podcaster, keynote and motivational speaker, and popular career columnist. With two decades of nursing experience, Keith deeply understands the issues faced by 21st-century nurses.
From 2012 until its sunset in 2017, Keith co-hosted RNFMRadio, a groundbreaking nursing podcast.
As of May of 2018, Keith is the host of Mastering Nursing, an interview-style podcast showcasing inspiring, forward-thinking nurse thought leaders and innovators.
Keith’s message of savvy career management and professional satisfaction reaches tens of thousands of nurses worldwide. Keith can be found on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram—as well as at NurseKeith.com.