On episode 201 of The Nurse Keith Show nursing career podcast, we chat with Stephanie Frederick, RN, M.Ed., iRNPA, a successful independent certified Nurse Patient Advocate. What does an RNPA do and what’s it like to be an independent nurse out in the community?
With 30+ years as a Registered Nurse and with a Masters degree in Health Education, Stephanie has always been passionate about “whole-person well-being” (mind, body, spirit). Her diverse clinical experience has focused on integrative health, worksite wellness, critical care, and behavioral health. She received specialized training as an independent RN Patient Advocate, and has operated her own business for the last 10 years. She guides individuals to understand their healthcare options, helps to avoid medical errors, facilitates communication between practitioners, and coaches to encourage a holistic, healthy lifestyle.
Resources mentioned on this episode:
- SCORE: free small business advice
- NCCIH: National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health
- Beth Boynton: Medical Improv expert!
Stephanie A. Frederick, RN, M.Ed., iRNPA Independent RN Patient Advocate
- Websites: www.stephaniefrederick.com & www.rnpatientadvocatesoftucson.com/
- Email: email@example.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephaniefrederickrn
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/stephaniefrederickrnpatientadvocate/