On episode 258 of The Nurse Keith Show, Keith extolls the virtues of making regular deposits to your emotional bank account, an essential aspect of being the happiest nurse and human being possible. We all make withdrawals from our emotional bank account, but what about saving for the future?
Resources mentioned during this episode:
- The Nurse Keith Show, EPS 246: Nurse Keith Talks Personal Struggle, Success, and Living the Best Life Possible
- Brene Brown, speaker, teacher, and author
- Pema Chodron, Buddhist teacher, author, and speaker
- When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times, my favorite book by Pema Chodron
- Fallible: A Young Physicians’s Struggle With Mental Illness by Kyle Bradford Jones
- On Being, a podcast with Krista Tippett
- Clear & Vivid, a podcast with actor and teacher Alan Alda
This episode of The Nurse Keith Show is sponsored by Incredible Health, where hospitals apply to nurses instead of the other way around. With Incredible Health, nurses get hired three times faster than the usual hiring process. On average, nurses who get hired through Incredible Health receive a 17% pay increase and a 15% decrease in commute time. They work with more than 200 academic and community hospitals across the country, including Stanford; Baylor, Scott & White; and Cedars Sinai.