On episode 313 of The Nurse Keith Show nursing and healthcare career podcast, Keith welcomes back Dr. Iman Abuzeid, CEO and founder of Incredible Health, an innovative career marketplace for nurses that has also been powerfully supporting nurses’ mental health and well-being throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Dr. Iman Abuzeid is the Co-founder and CEO of Incredible Health, a career marketplace whose matching technology is the fastest, most effective way for hospitals to hire qualified permanent nurses. With Incredible Health, hospitals can hire nurses in less than 20 days versus a national average of 90 days. Backed by venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, Incredible Health is on a mission to help healthcare professionals live better lives, and find and do their best work. Hundreds of leading hospitals across the country trust Incredible Health, including HCA, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Stanford Health Care, Baylor Scott & White and many more. Iman is a MD, and holds an MBA from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
In the course of this episode, Keith and Dr. Abuzeid discuss:
- Combatting stress and burnout in healthcare workers
- The indescribable physical and mental hardships faced by nurses during the pandemic, from higher rates of exposure and mortality to increased reports of burnout and degradation of mental health
- Nurses being among those reporting the highest levels of stress, with 64% of nurses and advanced practice providers reporting symptoms of acute stress anging from nightmares to the inability to stop thinking about the virus
- How, in order to meet the mental health needs of nurses, Incredible Health recently launched two new products aimed to support the mental health of nurses on its platform: an exclusive social network for nurses and an online daily wellness journal
- Hiring and retaining nursing talent, especially during the pandemic
- The high turnover rate in the nursing profession, with almost one in five nurses leaving their jobs in the first year
- How workplace stress and burnout, pursuing career advancement, reducing commute times, and relocations are among the many reasons nurses change jobs
- The fact that, in response to the pandemic, Incredible Health launched a pandemic hiring suite that helps each hospital save at least $2M a year and hire nurses in less than 12 days compared to the industry average of 90
Incredible Health Links:
- Nurse Salary Estimator
- Free nursing CEUs
- Nurse wellness resources
- Career resources
- Hiring locations
- Browse jobs
Connect with Dr. Abuzeid and Incredible Health:
The Nurse Keith Show is a proud member of The Health Podcast Network, one of the largest and fastest-growing collections of authoritative, high-quality podcasts taking on the tough topics in health and care with empathy, expertise, and a commitment to excellence.
I’m very privileged and grateful to announce that The Nurse Keith Show is a proud member of Ars Longa Media, a collaborative network of podcasts, media entities, musical artists, and others with an aim to add a humanistic touch to professional education, educate the public from a scientifically informed perspective, and improve lives by strategically partnering with those who share our goals to address social ills.