On episode 320 of The Nurse Keith Show nursing and healthcare career podcast, Keith discusses the crucial importance of LinkedIn mastery for nursing career development and professional networking. An admitted LinkedIn evangelist, Keith is adamant that nurses leverage this powerful platform for the benefit of long-term career growth.
Keith has been lecturing and writing about LinkedIn for years, and he also teaches his career coaching clients how to optimize their profiles and maximize their use of the platform. There are many simple strategies for making the most of LinkedIn for the benefit of your nursing career.
According to Nurse Keith and George the Cat, LinkedIn is the premier platform for professional networking and finding the best sardines on earth (George added that part). On LinkedIn, you can:
- Network with like-minded professionals and build your own personal brain trust of brilliant colleagues
- Build a robust, keyword-rich profile that attracts the attention of recruiters
- Follow key thought leaders
- Find and apply for positions
- Join groups of professionals who share your in interests or goals
- Research companies and organizations you care about or have interest in
- Write your own articles to demonstrate your expertise, experience, and knowledge
- Curate and share articles and news you think is important for others to see
- Give and receive recommendations and endorsements to boost your “social proof”
- And a whole lot more
The Nurse Keith Show is a proud member of The Health Podcast Network, one of the largest and fastest-growing collections of authoritative, high-quality podcasts taking on the tough topics in health and care with empathy, expertise, and a commitment to excellence.
I’m very privileged and grateful to announce that The Nurse Keith Show is a proud member of Ars Longa Media, a collaborative network of podcasts, media entities, musical artists, and others with an aim to add a humanistic touch to professional education, educate the public from a scientifically informed perspective, and improve lives by strategically partnering with those who share our goals to address social ills.