On episode 438 of The Nurse Keith Show nursing and healthcare career podcast, Keith welcomes back Dr. Iman Abuzeid, the CEO and founder of Incredible Health. During this in-depth conversation, Keith and Iman discuss Incredible Health’s fourth annual report on the state of the nursing profession. With survey responses and data collected from over 3,000 nurses, the report reveals telling insights about what nurses are thinking and where the profession is heading. Some highlights from the study include:
- 80% of nurses plan to stay in field until retirement, up from 55% last year.
- Mental wellness is no longer in decline, with nurses reporting a one-point increase from 25% in 2021 to 26% in 2023 of good mental health, following years of pervasive burnout and stress due to the pandemic.
- 84% do not think the nursing industry is improving fast enough when it comes to addressing understaffing, burnout, and pay.
- 54% of those surveyed would continue to recommend a career in nursing.
- 48% of offers made on the Incredible Health platform included a sign-on bonus, up 14% over last year, pointing to health systems leveraging bonuses to bridge salary gaps.
- 60% of nurses believe it is important to use social media as a nurse in today’s healthcare industry, with 77% of respondents saying it’s a source of community and support.
If you want to get a snapshot of the state of nursing in 2023, this conversation will provide much food for thought.
Dr. Iman Abuzeid is the Co-founder and CEO of Incredible Health, a career marketplace whose matching technology is the fastest, most effective way for hospitals to hire qualified permanent nurses. With Incredible Health, hospitals can hire nurses in less than 20 days versus a national average of 90 days. Backed by venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, Incredible Health is on a mission to help healthcare professionals live better lives, and find and do their best work. Hundreds of leading hospitals across the country trust Incredible Health, including HCA, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Stanford Health Care, Baylor Scott & White and many more. Iman is a MD, and holds an MBA from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
Connect with Dr. Iman Abuzeid and Incredible Health:
Did you know that you can now earn CEUs from listening to podcasts? That’s right — over at RNegade.pro, they’re building a library of nursing podcasts offering continuing education credits, including episodes of The Nurse Keith Show! So just head over to RNegade.pro, log into the portal, select Nurse Keith (or any other Content Creator) from the Content Creator dropdown, and get CEs for any content on the platform!
Nurse Keith is a holistic career coach for nurses, professional podcaster, published author, award-winning blogger, inspiring keynote speaker, and successful nurse entrepreneur. Connect with Nurse Keith at NurseKeith.com, and on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Nurse Keith lives in beautiful Santa Fe, New Mexico with his lovely fiancée, Shada McKenzie, a highly gifted traditional astrologer and reader of the tarot. You can find Shada at The Circle and the Dot.
The Nurse Keith Show is a proud member of The Health Podcast Network, one of the largest and fastest-growing collections of authoritative, high-quality podcasts taking on the tough topics in health and care with empathy, expertise, and a commitment to excellence. The podcast is adroitly produced by Rob Johnston of 520R Podcasting, and Mark Capispisan is our stalwart social media manager and newsletter wrangler.