Ashlee Klevens Hayes, PharmD/MHA, is the founder of RX Ashlee, a career development company that focuses on teaching professionals how to articulate their value, stand out in a competitive marketplace, and thrive in their careers. She runs women’s mastermind groups, the Career By Design online community, and coaches her clients on a one-on-one basis.
Ashlee has been in the nontraditional healthcare arena for over 16 years and rose to the level of Director of Clinical Operations, in a pharmacy software company, before moving to her current role in career strategizing and consulting.
She is an international keynote speaker, as well as the host of the Rx Buzz Podcast affiliated with the Pharmacy Podcast Network which has been consistently ranked in the top 30 business podcasts on Apple iTunes.
- Your value proposition is how well you position yourself as an expert and how well you can articulate and communicate your value to a potential employer, colleague, or other collaborators
- You are a valuable individual with services and skills to provide to others
- No matter how tight or competitive the labor market, there are always people landing jobs. What helps them land the positions that others don’t? How they articulate their value proposition and how awesome they are; it’s not always about a difference in qualifications, expertise, and skills.
- The art of “the humble brag”
- “Just” is a four-letter word when placed in front of what you do (e.g.: “I’m just a nurse.”)
- Forming powerful habits is crucial for the long-term health and sustainability of your career
- You must invest in yourself and be as self-aware as possible
- Undercommit and overdeliver
- “Busy” is another four-letter word
- Practice setting strong personal boundaries
- “Know thyself”
- Courage and confidence are paramount!
- Your sense of personal agency is central to your ability to setting boundaries, as well as feeling and articulating your value
- Your job is the funnel for your life
- Develop your “positive mindset muscle”
- If you remove your emotions from the truth, it’s no longer bragging — it’s just data
- Own your accomplishments
- Mindset, attitude, and strategic effort all work together in powerful ways
Connect with Ashlee:
I’m very privileged and grateful to have been listed on Feedspot’s list of the top 15 career coaching podcasts to follow in 2020. Thank you so much, Feedspot.